Ed Hartman is an award-winning composer, who has scored music for film, T.V., radio, and even a planetarium. (see credits below)
Performance: Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including: Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel, Tickle Tune Typhoon, and Ellipsis. In the Northwest, he has become a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. His own bands The Olympic Marimba Band (World) and Northwest Passage (Jazz) perform music from around the world. Ed also performs as a solo one-man-band at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
Education/Teaching: Originally from Evanston, Illinois (near Chicago), Ed started his music career studying with Fred Silver (jazz drummer), and Al Skinner (mallet performer - a student of Claire Musser). He was also influenced by percussion instructors from nearby Northwestern University, Dan Spaulding and Randy Hogancamp. One other exceptional compositional influence was Don Owens (jazz band, contemporary music ensemble, and electronic music instructor). Ed received his degree in percussion from Indiana University, studying with Richard Johnson.
Ed Hartman has written articles, sheet music and books about music for Olympic Publications. His albums "The River", "Northwest Passage", "Wood and Metal Music", and "Marimbells of Christmas" have received national critical acclaim.
- YAMAHA YM-4900 4.5 Oct Marimba
- YAMAHA YV-3710 3 Oct Vibraphone
- YAMAHA 1980 Yamaha Tour Series Drumset
- YAMAHA Keyboards
- YAMAHA O1V96 Board
- YAMAHA Yamaha Monitor Speakers
Media Credits: (click on links)
Ed's Music has appeared on these Motion Pictures:
- "The Turkey Bowl" (2018 - Coolidge/Ward Productions)
- "Adventures in Public School" (2017 - Motion 58 Entertainment)
- "The Pirates of Somalia" (AKA: Dabka)" (2017 - BCDF Pictures)
- "Spirit of the Game" (2016 Samuel Goldwyn)
- "A Different Sun" (2016 Monolith Pictures)
- "Andermatt - The Global Village (2015 Megaherz GmbH)
- "Woman's Land Rights, A Ripple Affect", (2013 USAID)
- "The Cold Light of Day (2012-Intrepid)
- "Cool it" (2010 - Environmental Documentary Interloper Pictures)
- "The Blind Side" (2009 Warner Bros.) Academy Award, SAG, Golden Globe winning film
- "Scooby Doo, The Mystery Begins" (2009 Warner Bros.)
- "The Paralyzing Agent" (2009 Z Flight Productions)
- "Forbidden Fruit" (2009 Jeff Madsen Productions)
- "Robert McGinnis, Painting the Last Rose of Summer" (2008 Illustrators TV)
- "Mini's First Time" (2006 Arclight Films)
"Surviving Christmas" (2004 Dreamworks)
Motion Picture Full Scoring:
- "Tesser" 2019 Award-Winning 48hr Short - Tura Productions
- "As the Earth Turns" 2018 Independent Feature with Award-Winning Score
- "S.H.A.M. Therapy" 2018 (TV Show, Episodic score)
- "The Lost Wallet" 2018 Independent Film (Short)
- "The Son, The Father" 2017 Independent Film (Short) - LA Hollyshorts Premiere
- "A Rich Man" 2015 Independent Film (Short)
- "Those in Need" 2014 Independent Film (Short)
- "Trauma" 2013 STIFF 48 Hour Film (Audience Favorite) (Short)
- "Article 106" 2013 Independent Film (Short)
- "The Three Stars" 2013 Seattle International Film Festival Fly Film (Short)
- "Circumcision" 2013 Independent Film (Short)
- "Winston" 2012 Independent Film (Short)
- "Little Peter Needs to Fly" 2011 Seattle International Film Festival Fly Film (Short)
- "Cloistered Librarians in Training" - 2011 Trailer spoof (Short)
- "Library of the Sacred Beast" - 2011 Trailer spoof (Short)
- "The Map Makers: "Project Colombia"(2009 Documentary)
- "End Zone" (2008)" - 2008 Seattle International Film Festival Fly Film (Short)
- "Grey Linings (2008)" (Partial score) - 2008 "Seattle Spirit Award" Seattle International Film Festival (Short)
"Fitz"- 2007 AlbertaFilm and Television Awards Nominee: Best Feature Film (Feature)
Television - Ed's Music has appeared on:
- ABC: "Revenge"
- ABC Family: "Greek"
- ANIMAL PLANET: " Bad Dog", "Insane Pools: Off the Deep End, For the Birds"
- BPM:TV (Canada) "Grand Benders"
- BR Bayerisches (Germany): "Unter unserem Himmel" (Under our skies)
- BRAVO: “Real Housewives of Miami”, “Real Housewives of New York City”
- CBS: "Lets Make a Deal", "The Young and the Restless"
- CW: "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"
- DISCOVERY: "Auction Kings", "Ultimate Homes", "New Girls on the Block", "Wild Frank in Mexico", "Weird, True, and Freaky"
- FOOD": "Chopped", "Chopped Junior"
- FOX: "Lucifer", "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
- GREEN: "Emeril Green"
- HBO: "Twas the Night", "Katie Morgan", "Big Love"
- HMTV: (India 24hr News Network): Ongoing Station ID
- HULU: "Castle Rock"
- INDEPENDENT: "America Now"
- MSNBC: "Doc-Block"
- MTV: "Pranked", "Scarred", "Real World Road Challenge", "All I Want for Christmas", “Exposed”, "The Dudesons"
- NBC: "Rise", "Passions"
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC: "Food School", "Eat - The Story of Food"
- NINE Network (Australia): Big Brother 12
- OXYGEN: "Art or Not", "The Art of"
- OVATION: "Bad Girls Club"
- OWN: "Michael Sam Documentary"
- PBS: "Nature", "Gourmet Adventures with Ruth", "Sit and Be Fit", "Nature", "History Detectives"
- PLATFORM: "Minutes" (Corey Comes to Christmas")
- SCIENCE: "Cicadas and Invaders 2013"
- SYFY: "Naked Vegas", "Killjoys", "RIP Files"
- SKY VISION: "A Users Guide to Cheating Death"
- TLC: "Shalom In The Home", "High Stakes Sweepers", "Toddlers and Tiaras", "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"
- TRAVEL: "Channel 5 Takes Latin", "Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends", "Relic Hunter", "Extreme Towns", "Forbes Luxe 11", "When Vacations Attack", "Tricked Out Trains"
- TV4: "Half Past Seven At My Place"
- USA Network: "Motive"
- VH1: "Leve it to Stevie"
- VOYAGE (France): "Fous de recettes", "Chef et Intrepide", "24 heures: danger", "Combat de chefs de Jamie Oliver", "Amazing Spaces", "Serial Tourist", "À table avec Ishaï"
- WE NETWORK: "Amazing Wedding Cakes", “20/20”
ZoomerTV: "User Guide to Cheating Death"
Games - Ed's Music has been licensed by:
- Neptoons Net
The Rainbow Fish Game
Corporate - Ed's Music has been licensed by:
- Apache Corporation
- Avex Marketing
- Barnes and Noble
- BPS Marketing, Inc.
- Bayou Classic
- Bravo Films
- Capital One
- Coke Zero
- Comitetul Central Studio
- DDB Health
- Divine Robot Ltd.
- DoodleDo Global (Glow Ball Toy)
- Family Dollar
- Filmdog Media
- Freakonomics Radio
- Hyperion/Disney Book Group
- IdNerd Studio Ltd.
- Lavinia Productions S. L.C.
- Modem Media, 3CIM Inc.
- North American Breweries
- News International Trading Ltd
- Parragon Books, Ltd.
- P3 Mediaworks
- ProQuest Information and Learning
- Red Bull Media House
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Sports Illustrated - Time, Inc.
- Tarinatalo OY, Storyhouse LTD.
- TigerHot International
- Trailer Park
- KMYQ-2 (FOX television affiliate, Seattle, WA) 2008 Emmy Nominated Commercial
Lightyear Productions (for Tacoma Grand Cinema)
Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including:
- Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel
- Tickle Tune Typhoon
- Ellipsis (Flying Fish Records)
- Rodney Miller Band
- Composers and Improvisers Orchestra
- Mike Stern
- Bakra Bata Steel Drum Band
In the Northwest, Ed is a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. Ed performs music from around the world. Ed performs as a solo one-man-band, and with his bands, at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
- The River
- Northwest Passage
- Marimbells of Christmas
- Wood and Metal Works
- Moving Images Vol I (Solo Piano)
Moving Images Vol. II (Cinematic Jazz)
- Olympic Marimba Publications: Various books & sheet music.
- Articles for Victory Music Review, Modern Drummer.
To get on my FREE monthly "Adventures in Music Licensing Newsletter" please email here. Tons of info.
(See News link and Links: Adventures in Music Licensing Archives above for past issues.)
Ed on Spotify:
Ed Hartman, Soundtrack: The Blind Side. Ed Hartman scores percussive, orchestral, jazz, pop, rock, Latin, world and electronic music. Ed's music has been heard on television (HBO, NBC, ABC, CBS, MTV, Discovery, Green, TLC, WE, Travel, Women, Animal Planet, MSNBC) and in feature films, shorts commercials, documentaries and even a planetarium.