Ed Hartman has scored music for film, T.V., radio, and even a planetarium. (see credits below)
Performance: Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including: Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel, Tickle Tune Typhoon, and Ellipsis. In the Northwest, he has become a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. His own bands The Olympic Marimba Band (World) and Northwest Passage (Jazz) perform music from around the world. Ed also performs as a solo one-man-band at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
Education/Teaching: Originally from Evanston, Illinois (near Chicago), Ed started his music career studying with Fred Silver (jazz drummer), and Al Skinner (mallet performer - a student of Claire Musser). He was also influenced by percussion instructors from nearby Northwestern University, Dan Spaulding and Randy Hogancamp. One other exceptional compositional influence was Don Owens (jazz band, contemporary music ensemble, and electronic music instructor). Ed received his degree in percussion from Indiana University, studying with Richard Johnson.
Ed Hartman has written articles, sheet music and books about music for Olympic Publications, and C. Alan Publications. His albums "The River", "Northwest Passage", and "Marimbells of Christmas" have received national critical acclaim.
Media Credits: (click on links)
Ed on IMDB
Motion pictures: - Ed's Music has appeared on:
Motion Picture Full Scoring:
Television - Ed's Music has appeared on:
- HBO: "Twas the Night", "Katie Morgan", "Big Love"
- NBC: "Passions"
- MSNBC: "Doc-Block"
- ABC Family: "Greek"
- CBS: "Lets Make a Deal"
- PBS: "Nature", "Gourmet Adventures with Ruth", "Sit and Be Fit", "Nature", "History Detectives"
- MTV: "Pranked", "Scarred", "Real World Road Challenge", "All I Want for Christmas"
- DISCOVERY: "Auction Kings"
- GREEN: "Emeril Green"
- TLC: "Shalom In The Home", "High Stakes Sweepers", "Toddlers and Tiaras"
- WE Network: "Amazing Wedding Cakes"
- TRAVEL: "Channel 5 Takes Latin", "Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends", "Relic Hunter", "Extreme Towns", "Forbes Luxe 11", "When Vacations Attack"
- WOMEN'S ENT: "Amazing Wedding Cakes"
- INDEPENDENT: "America Now"
- ANIMAL PLANET: " Bad Dog"
- BPM:TV (Canada) "Grand Benders"
Corporate - Ed's Music has been licensed by:
- Apache Corporation
- Avex Marketing
- Barnes and Noble
- BPS Marketing, Inc.
- Capital One
- Comitetul Central Studio
- DDB Health
- Divine Robot Ltd.
- DoodleDo Global (Glow Ball Toy)
- Filmdog Media
- Hyperion/Disney Book Group
- IdNerd Studio Ltd.
- Lavinia Productions S. L.C.
- Modem Media, 3CIM Inc.
- North American Breweries
- Parragon Books, Ltd.
- ProQuest Information and Learning
- Red Bull Media House
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Tarinatalo OY, Storyhouse LTD.
- TigerHot International
- Trailer Park
- Q-2 (FOX television affiliate, Seattle, WA)
- Lightyear Productions (for Tacoma Grand Cinema)
Ed Hartman has recorded and performed with numerous bands, orchestras, dance and theatre co’s including:
In the Northwest, Ed is a top freelance percussionist and recording artist. As a soloist, Ed has performed at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in NYC. Ed performs music from around the world. Ed performs as a solo one-man-band, and with his bands, at concerts, fairs, festivals, schools, colleges and events of all kinds.
Originally from Chicago, Ed received his degree in percussion from Indiana University.